Boskovic and Goerigk groups
School of Chemistry & Melbourne Centre for Theoretical and Computational Chemistry
The University of Melbourne, VIC 3010
E-mail: fathima AT student.unimelb.edu.au
06/2018 – Present PhD Student, School of Chemistry, The University of Melbourne, Australia
07/2017 – 12/2017 Researcher and Teaching Assistant, Department of Chemistry, University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka
11/2016 – 07/2017 Researcher, in the inorganic group of Prof. C.V. Hettiarachchi and Dr. I.R. Perera, University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka
01/2016 – 11/2016 Teaching Assistant, Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka
12/2014 – 02/2015 Researcher (Industrial Training), Haycarb Research and Training Laboratory, Hayleys PLC, Sri Lanka
07/2011 – 11/2015 Bachelor of Science (Honours) Chemistry, Faculty of Science, University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka
Awards and Achievements
2018 Melbourne Research Scholarship, The University of Melbourne, Australia
2017 Recipient of PhD scholarship, University of Kansas, USA (Declined)
2015 University award for academic excellence, University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka
2014/2015 Prof. H.W. Dias Scholarship for the best performance in Inorganic Chemistry, University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka
2012/2013 Chemistry Graduate Studentship for the best performance in Chemistry; ALUMNI Association of University of Peradeniya (AAUP).
2008 High Distinction (HD) award in Australian National Chemistry Quiz; Royal Australian Chemical Institute.
Professional Memberships and Academic Service
2020 – Present Member of Melbourne University Chemical Society (MUCS)
2018 – Present Student member of the Royal Australian Chemical Institute (MRACI)
2016 – Present Full life member of University of Peradeniya Science Alumni Association (UPSAA), Sri Lanka
2014 – 2016 Member of the Chemical Society (CHEMSOC) University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka
1. A. Bandara, Z. Zahra, S. Gamage, A. Kumara, I. R. Perera, “Hybrid Dye-Sensitized Solar Cells with Graphene—A Convenient Method to Seal Liquid State Devices”, Journal of Renewable and Sustainable Energy 2018, 10, 043504. DOI: 10.1063/1.5037150.
4. 11/2018 – Poster “Density Functional Theory: Predicting Valence Tautomerism in Cobalt-dioxolene complexes”, 2018 RACI Victorian Inorganic Symposium, Melbourne, Australia
3. 11/2016 – Talk “Through hole copper plating on printed circuit board activated with a conducting layer of polyaniline”, i-PURSE – 2016 (Peradeniya University International Research Sessions), Sri Lanka
2. 05/2015 – Talk “Biochemical roles of nitric oxide”, Final year Seminar; Department of Chemistry, University of Peradeniya.
1. 03/2015 – Talk “Method development to quantify adsorbed iodine on activated carbon” Industrial training research presentation; Department of Chemistry, University of Peradeniya.
The Goerigk Research Group
- About Our Research
- Research Group