Ismath Haseena Ismail
Boskovic and Goerigk groups
School of Chemistry & Melbourne Centre for Theoretical and Computational Chemistry
The University of Melbourne, VIC 3010
E-mail: ismathhaseen AT student.unimelb.edu.au
2021 – Present PhD Student, School of Chemistry, The University of Melbourne, Australia
2019 – 2020 Demonstrator – Chemistry at Ilma International School, Colombo, Sri Lanka
2015 Researcher (Industrial Training), Lanka Minerals and Chemical (PVT) LTD , Sri Lanka
2013 – 2016 Bachelor of Science (Honours) Chemistry, Faculty of Science, University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka
Awards and Achievements
2023 Best poster prize, Victorian Inorganic Chemistry Symposium
2020 Melbourne Research Scholarship, The University of Melbourne, Australia
2016 University award for academic excellence, University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka
Professional Memberships and Academic Service
2017 – Present Lifetime member of University of Peradeniya Science Alumni Association (UPSAA), Sri Lanka
2013 – 2016 Member of the Chemical Society (CHEMSOC) University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka
1. I.H.Ismail, J.M.S. Jayasinghe, A.D.L.C. Perera, “Synthesis and characterization of homologous series of phenyl benzoates with liquid crystalline properties.” Proceedings of the PGIS Research Congress 2017, Vol. 4.
4. 11/2023 – Poster “Exploring Valence Tautomerism in Cobalt Complexes of Bidentate Mixed Donor (N,O) Redox-Active Ligands”, Victorian Inorganic Chemistry Symposium
3. 09/2017 – Talk “Synthesis and characterization of homologous series of phenyl benzoates with liquid crystalline properties” at the Post Graduate Institute of Science (PGIS) Research Congress (University of Peradeniya) Sri Lanka.
2. 04/2016 – Talk “Applications of Nanomaterial in Chromatography” Final year seminar at Faculty of Science, University of Peradeniya
1. 02/2016 – Talk “Investigating the growth of microorganisms in synthetic rubber (NBR), due to the addition of CaCO3 dispersion during glove production” Industrial training research presentation; Department of Chemistry, University of Peradeniya.
The Goerigk Research Group
- About Our Research
- Research Group